Chaplaincy Shoe Box Appeal 2021
The Chaplaincy is again supporting the St Anne's Parish Shoe Box Appeal, to provide gifts for children who would not otherwise receive a Christmas present. This year the boxes are being distributed by Teams4U who operate around the world supporting community initiatives aiming to improve the lives of children through education, healthcare, training, financial assistance, and delivering shoeboxes.
Each shoebox will be given to a vulnerable child, or family, through schools, nurseries, hospitals and orphanages.
The aim of T4U is that each box is given in relationship with the local community as part of a long-term commitment to these children. This includes financing pre-school programmes to support their education and development.
We are encouraging everyone to bring one item.
What these children need most are educational and hygiene supplies, e.g.
• Toothbrush and toothpaste
• Facecloth and soap
Please also include a few small gifts, e.g.
• A soft toy, ball, game, puzzle, stickers, balloons
Homecare Family Shoe Boxes
• Cooking utensils (no knives), candles, hairbrush plastic utensils (plates, bowls, cutlery)
• Soap, small Christmas decorations, small decorative items, small saucepans
• T-towels (preferably quite decorative), plastic containers, washing line pegs
• Washing up cloths
All items may be left in G12a or at the Student Hub by 5 October 2021.